Fish & Game
New Digital License Option Available for Super Combo Users
Never worry about forgetting a paper Super Combo license at home again with the new digital tag option from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. Texas residents can now purchase a digital Super Combo license that allows you to digitally tag your harvested deer, turkey and oversized red drum. (This digital license option is available through online purchase only.)
Digital license holders will not receive a printed license or tags but must keep their digital license available while in the field. The license can be viewed through the TPWD Outdoor Annual and My Texas Hunt Harvest mobile apps.
“This has been a long time coming, but we think it's a great first step toward offering more options for our hunters and anglers in the field,” says Carter Smith, TPWD executive director.
The pilot program is also offered to Lifetime Combo license holders this year.
TPWD is seeking feedback from customers who choose this option so the agency can evaluate how well it works.
More information can be found here.
Digital Super Combo tag tips:
• Digital tagging for harvested deer, turkey and oversized red drum must be completed through an updated version of the My Texas Hunt Harvest mobile app.
• Digital license holders are not exempt from the Federal Duck Stamp requirement. Sign that license and keep it with you while hunting waterfowl.
• Other licenses purchased (Annual Public Hunt, Bonus Red Drum Tag, etc.) will show up as separate digital items.
• The number and type of tags issued are limited by species; find a full list on the TPWD digital tag webpage. All other regulations still apply.
• Track your tag usage in the My Texas Hunt Harvest app. Never harvest an animal without an available tag.
» Like this story? If you enjoy reading articles like this, subscribe to Texas Parks & Wildlife magazine.